5 Home Lighting Trends You Can Expect to See in 2022
Last week, Lighting Design and some of its team members attended the Lightovation Show at the Dallas World Trade Center. Like every year, there were definite trends and exciting things you can expect to see in lighting this year. Keep reading to find out more.
1. Black Finish. Black finish is the new bronze. Bronze used to be a fairly popular finish for light fixtures but black has replaced those finishes for the most part. If a light didn't come in black last year, it almost certainly does this year. Like the Winfield Collection from Savoy House now available in black.
2. White Glass. Also know as "milk glass" you will be sure to see this on many new light fixtures this year. Where clear glass used to dominate, white glass has been brought in, in a big way.
Londyn Small Chandelier from the kate spade new york collection for Generation Lighting.
3. Pleated shades. The late 80's and early 90's saw pleated lamp shades everywhere. And they are back in 2022! Almost every line had a new release with this style. Will pleated shades take over the industry as they did back in the day? Or are they just a blip on the map? Only time will tell.
Esther Table Lamp from Generation Lighting
4. Globe shades. Globe shades surrounding light bulbs have slowly been making their debut thanks to mid-century modern trends. This year, many chandeliers, pendants, and flush mounts enjoy the modern feel off a globe shade.
Lune Sconce by Generation Lighting with a Globe Shade
5. Clustered lights. Clustered lights are sure to make lighting must-have lists. They give off good amounts of light while being on trend and giving you a chandelier-pendant look. We like the Elise Large Converible Pendant from Fredrick Ramond.
And there you have it! Tell us in the comments if you plan on bringing any of these styles into your home.