Pendants should be about 20”-30” apart. To figure out how wide each pendant should be, complete the following steps.
(1) Measure the length of your kitchen island in inches.
(2) Determine how many pendants you want and the diameter of each pendant.
(3) Add the diameters for a combined diameter.
(4) Subtract the combined diameter from the length of the kitchen island.
(5) Add “1” to the number of pendants to account for the space between each pendant.
(6) Divide your subtracted value by the new number of pendants.
(7) Adjust pendant sizing accordingly.
If hanging a linear light over your kitchen island, the linear light should be no longer than ⅔ the island's length. It should also hang at least 36” high from the island's top.